Become a Member
Free Membership! Join WHIN today and support your local women's health service.
Member Count: 506
Become a Member!
As an Incorporated Association, WHIN is a membership organisation. Membership of the organisation is free. WHIN is a women's health service operated by women for women.
WHIN members are part of a dynamic community of women dedicated to supporting women's voice, choice and power in all aspects of their health and wellbeing.
Women who are over 18 years of age and live, work and/or study in the northern metropolitan region are eligible to be a member of WHIN.
In addition, any woman with an interest and commitment to WHIN's Statement of Purposes who does not meet the criteria for individual membership is eligible to apply to become an Associate Member. These members do not have voting rights but are able to participate in WHIN's activities.
Sign up as a member today via our automated membership registration.
Join as an Organisation!
Any health, welfare, advocacy, educational or community organisation or women's group based in the northern metropolitan region, and any state wide group whose target groups include women in WHIN's catchment area and whose aims and purposes are not in conflict with those of WHIN, are also eligible for membership. These groups are entitled to one female representative nominated at the time of membership, and one vote.
Our region includes the municipalities of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Nillumbik, Whittlesea and Yarra.
The Benefits of Membership!
- Supporting WHIN, the regional women's health service;
- Receiving program and service information on health issues and education sessions;
- Participating in functions and events that promote women's health and wellbeing, including International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation and International Women's Day;
- Receiving newsletters and electronic information and education bulletins;
- Receiving and contributing to WHIN's advocacy and influence via social media;
- Advocating for WHIN's objectives and 'championing' WHIN's work in their communities;
- Joining a community of women with a common interest and philosophy;
- Reducing women's isolation and social exclusion by linking women to support, information and other women in their communities of interest;
- Participating in consultations regarding women's health issues;
- Eligibility to stand for election to WHIN's Board of Management;
- Ability to participate in the governance of their local women's health service;
- Connection and partnership with other organisations focussing on the health and wellbeing of women in the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne;
- Membership is free.
You can also sign up by filling out our Application for Membership.